Thursday, February 17, 2005

Riddle: When is a bakerygirl NOT a bakerygirl?

Answer: When she has become something else. Yes, Dear Readers.

Firstly, I owe you all an apology for disappearing. I didnt mean to, but I came back from Christmas and had a job interview and- got it! Which has been very very good in most ways, but I've been learning the ropes, and havent had much time. A lame excuse, I know, but there it is.

But now comes the question- if a blog is called bakerygirlworld and I am no longer a bakerygirl, then will all of you out there still want to read it? I can't promise any more Dakotafreaks- although I do have a funny anecdote about that- but every job has its quirks and characters and this one will not be any different.

But is the blog about the bakery or the girl? I cant decide. I never wanted this to be some kind of sad-sack rant about poor little me. But it seems like if one writes about oneself, that sooner or later some of that must creep in, and Im sure Im no exception.

But Gentle Readers, please weigh in and let me know- do you still want to read about the girl, even without a bakery to her name?

And, for those of you needing a Dakotafreak update- I stopped in last Sunday at the bakery. It was a gloomy, chilly, miserable day out, and it was totally empty, so I was talking to the girl who had taken my place. I asked her how it was going, etc. and she said she couldnt BELIEVE some of the people. She said it was really sweet how nice some of the regulars were- and then said,
"But some of those people- like the ones who come in for Dakota! I mean, lady, it's just BREAD!"

And so, the torch is passed on to a new generation of bakerygirls... Let me know if I ought to keep going with this, dear Readers? Perhaps you can all wait a few days and then meet...

ADGIRL

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will admit, as I'm sure everyone else will, that more Dakotafreaks episodes would be most entertaining, but I find it difficult to believe that there aren't the exact same people already lurking in the ad world, just waiting to be discovered. And if you will not expose them to the public, who will?

So carry on, in the name of all that's good and decent in the world, and give us that little smile we've all had to repress while we've dealt with our own variety of Dakotafreaks, no matter what our professions.

You are our champion...lead on!

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

keep going, because I miss you. :(

I sent you an email but I don't think you got it... send me one or a pm?

--guen

1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home